Often when a new school year begins there is new technology available to use in the classroom that can assist your child and enhance their learning experience. If we consider how noisy classrooms can be then every effort should be made to improve upon this situation.
We recently released the Cochlear™ True Wireless™ Mini Microphone 2+ and it’s perfect for the classroom.
The Mini Mic 2+ is designed to increase a child’s ability to hear over distances and in noise.
Thanks to its long range it can be placed anywhere to help close the gap between your child and speaker. Whether your child is sitting at their desk or working in groups, the Mini Mic 2+ automatically adapts to the situation at hand.
When using the Mini Mic 2+, it streams high-quality audio directly to the sound processors of all the children in the classroom who have compatible devices with the use of only one device. If FM is preferred, the Mini Mic 2+ provides access to FM systems through the use of an FM receiver.
The benefits in the classroom include:
- Peace of mind: You and the teacher know that every child will hear every learning moment.
- Hear over a greater distance: The Mini Mic 2+ offers an improved range of listening of 82 feet with clear line of sight. This means as the teacher moves about the classroom there is no need to worry that the signal will be intermittent or dropped.
- Access to better speech understanding: With the new directional microphone technology, children will have direct and clearer access to what they need to hear no matter the situation: whether the teacher is presenting or whether working in a group project with peers.
- Compatibility: The Mini Mic 2+ is compatible with other assistive technologies such as FM systems or looped classrooms where a T-Coil is needed.
- Portability: As a child moves from the home, to the classroom, to recess, to soccer practice after school, the portable Mini Mic 2+ can easily be transferred to any environment your child needs.
- All day use: The Mini Mic 2+ is designed to provide a child with a full-day of streaming (up to 11 hours).
One mom shares her son’s experience with the Mini Mic at school:
- Tiffany W.’s son Manny love using his Mini Mic in the classroom, saying “Manny loves school–thankfully! He uses the Mini Microphone to hear the teacher directly in the classroom. Prior to the Mini Mic we had always used a FM system. When we were upgrading processors, we tested out a variety of options and realized the clarity of the Baha 5s combined with the Mini Mic far superseded the sound quality that his old processors combined with the FM system produced. Now that he is getting older, the lessened ‘equipment fuss’ at school is greatly appreciated as well.”
At Cochlear, our goal is to make every child’s transition to a new school year a successful one!