Cochlear is pleased to announce today the commercial availability of the Baha® 5 Power and Baha 5 SuperPower Sound Processors in the United States. This completes the Baha 5 Sound Processor Portfolio, the industry’s widest and most powerful portfolio of bone conduction solutions.1
The new Baha 5 Power and Baha 5 SuperPower Sound Processors are now available to those with greater levels of mixed hearing loss, up to 55 dB sensorineural hearing level (SNHL) for Power and 65 db SNHL for SuperPower.
With the addition of the Power and SuperPower, the Baha 5 portfolio provides the widest range of sound processors, including the industry’s smallest, smartest and most powerful head-worn bone conduction solutions for those with single-sided deafness (SSD) or have conductive or mixed hearing loss.1,2 The entire Baha 5 portfolio provides customers with the ability to hear better across noisy environments, connect wirelessly to a variety of electronic devices, and provide direct-to-device wireless streaming and control with Made for iPhone® support.
“We are pleased to announce the availability of the Baha 5 Power and Baha 5 SuperPower Sound Processors to our customers,” said Tony Manna, President of Cochlear North America. “We are providing a portfolio with a range of solutions to fit our customer’s specific hearing loss need, which is incredibly important as we work to deliver innovative products to the marketplace. Our customers need devices that help them hear no matter where life takes them, and they are increasingly seeking products with wireless and smartphone connected capabilities. The Baha 5 portfolio of sound processors provides all of that.”
The Baha 5 portfolio is comprised of three industry-leading devices for varying degrees of hearing loss:
- Baha 5 Sound Processor: Launched last year, the Baha 5 Sound Processor is the industry’s smallest bone conduction sound processor with a fitting range up to 45 dB SNHL.2 It is also the implantable hearing industry’s first Made for iPhone hearing device.
- Baha 5 Power Sound Processor: The newest device in the Baha 5 System, the Baha 5 Power Sound Processor is created for those who need additional amplification because of a greater degree of hearing loss up to 55 dB SNHL.
- Baha 5 SuperPower Sound Processor: Cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) earlier this year, the Baha 5 SuperPower Sound Processor is the strongest member of the Baha portfolio and the most powerful head-worn solution in the industry.1 It is also the industry’s first and only behind-the-ear bone conduction solution with a fitting range up to 65 dB SNHL.
The Baha 5 Power and Baha 5 SuperPower Sound Processors are now available commercially for customers in the U.S. The Baha 5 has been commercially available in the U.S. since April 2015.
For the full news release on the announcement, click here.
For more information on the Baha 5 SuperPower and Baha 5 Power devices, click here.
For more information on the Baha 5 device, click here.
Visit http://bit.ly/28JqKNY to find a hearing implant specialist to try a Baha sound processor and immediately hear the difference.
- Norrman, J, Review of fitting ranges. Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB, D773528, 2015.
- Flynn MC. Smart and Small –innovative technologies behind the Cochlear Baha 5 Sound Processor. Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB, 629761, 2015.
Cochlear Baha 5 sound processors are compatible with iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini with retina display, iPad mini and iPod touch (5th generation) running iOS 7.X or later.
The Cochlear Baha 5 Smart App works together with all Cochlear Baha 5 sound processors. It is verified on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch running iOS 9.1. For more detailed device compatibility see the Baha 5 Smart App description on the App Store.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Cochlear is under license.
iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and FaceTime are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.